Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Grail War 6: Masters

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

Holy Grail War 6: Masters Empty Holy Grail War 6: Masters

Post by Lucid Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Itsuki Kyumei
    Player: Xenovent
    Servant: Caster
    STR END AGI MGI
    G
    H F H
    Itsuki is a complicated man. He was trained as a onmyoji in a temple in rural Ise, and is part of a branch family of the secretive Houjutsushi organization. He never had many friends because he was being reared as the temple's successor, the only child of his parents. When he was around 14, his mother Hibiko suffered at the hands of a strange illness and passed away. Although he had been bred to be a mediator between the spirit and natural realms, he put together a ritual to try and resurrect his mother's spirit, knowing that this type of spell was expressly forbidden. The results were not what he expected. What happened is he pulled a unknown spirit out of the Root, which in order to survive grafted onto his own spirit. The spirit, feminine in nature, had no recollection who or what she was, probably because of the very incomplete summoning. Itsuki named her Yozora, after the 'night sky' that came upon him when he realized he would never again see his mother. Because he could not be easily replaced, instead of banishment he was sent on a journey of repentance in which he still exercises his training and ministry. Itsuki is aloof and moody, seeing reality in painfully sharp contrasts of black and white, and he tries to exact his duties of mediation with fairness and absolute justice--sometimes blindly.

His only real friend and balance is Yozora. The girl she presumably was is a kind and gentle soul, and she is constantly giving Itsuki advice and consolation as they continue their journey together. She can materialize her presence as black, translucent energy in the form of a raven. Their connection also affords him the extra power and strain of having two souls sharing one body. His trained onmyoji abilities focus on spirit manipulation. His origin, although unawakened, is Harmony or Resonance. Because of this, his powers are at their strongest when he is in a place highly harmonious, and especially when he and Yozora are in harmony. His natural enemy, then, is Chaos. What makes him so good at what he does is his ability to detect when things are not as they should be.

Spoiler:

Abilities
    Elemental Affinity
    Because Itsuki is a onmyoji, he adheres to the elemental system of the east: Water, Fire, Earth, Wood and Metal — and among those his alignment is Wood.

Martial Arts
    As part of his training, Itsuki learned a form of tai-chi chen style, making him good at reacting and neutralizing attacks aimed at him, but with little aggressive application, which is fine as Itsuki, by personality and philosophy, never starts a fight.

Yozora
    The spirit bird who shares a body with Itsuki. She cannot operate independently of Itsuki, but provides him with little boosts as follows.
    Black Wings: In a pinch, Yozora can expand her essence to produce two large black wings on Itsuki's back. Provides higher agility and the ability to leap over tall objects.
    The Darkness: She can expand her essence to create a dark fog around Itsuki for small range in every direction. Boosts Itsukis awareness.

Defects
    Special Requirement: Itsuki's abilities are largely sensitive to his environment. Non-nature environments (such as dead forests or concrete buildings) reduce his effectiveness, since his abilities rely on the elementals and fairies residing nearby.
    Honor code: Itsuki has two honor code requirements: First is to preserve the harmony. Events that would cause wide-scale destruction or manipulation go against his creed. Second, he is a relative pacifist. He will never start a fight. Yet, he has no qualms being an agent of vengeance, especially for the sake of Gaia. If he finds those who have created spiritual or natural chaos, or if someone attacks him, he will fight back with no qualms.

The Kyumei philosophy does not allow for one individual to be particularly wealthy above another. They receive their communal wealth from the works they do (Tai-chi training, Feng-shui booths, running some temples). Their food and lodging is provided for by the communal family income, but each individual is still required to work 8 hours a day in whatever their respective skills are. Itsuki's dayjob as it were, is an adopted form of begging and counseling. He plays his flute within the city and offers spiritual advise as requested in practice of his lifestyle.
    Attachments
    Holy Grail War 6: Masters AttachmentItsuki Kyumei.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (11 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Last edited by Lucid on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Holy Grail War 6: Masters Empty Re: Holy Grail War 6: Masters

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Magnus
    Master of Einzbern
    Player: Aelms
    Servant: Rider
    STR END AGI MGI
    H
    F F F
    One of the latest Einzbern Homunculus that was coined with the intention of being a combat-orientated Master. Unlike the previous two Homunculus that participated in the Grail War, this one had not been modelled after Justica von Einzbern and as a result was a male rather than a female. Probably as a reminder of how he was never meant to live a normal life, no name was given to him and no specific way was used when people referred to him. Eventually, the word Homunculus was used often enough by people that it became his name.

Extra modifications were made even after its 'birth' and so the early years of the Homunculus' life was spent on experiment after experiment. Abilities, knowledge and physical aspects that were deemed useful to the war was engraved into the Homunculus' knowledge and he lived a full 9 years in seclusion without ever making a conscious movement. Needless to say, the Homunculus had no contact with people until he finally took his first step at the age of 10. Surprisingly, he managed to sustain a completely normal growth rate unlike Ilyasviel von Einzbern.

Five years then passed peacefully for him. He was constantly reminded of his role and the importance of the Holy Grail but otherwise, he was left by himself. One day, just before the summoning ritual, the Einzberns found that there was one less homunculus among them. Also on that same day, Homunculus would find itself standing among the edge of Fuyuki City devoid of any memory of his identity, his life before arriving and any common sense on living in general. All he knew was that the Sixth Holy Grail War was finally beginning, and that he was a Master participating in it. And so he does along with his newly summoned Servant.

Spoiler:

Data
    Companion - A random 18 year old orphaned female civilian in Fuyuki who happens to run into Homunculus and becomes attached to him. Has absolutely no knowledge of the Grail War until Homunculus tells her of it. Offers no real advantage in combat and is probably more of a liability. Simply exists for more character interactions, my amusement and also to give Homunculus a place to stay.

Last edited by Lucid on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Sareth
    Player: Belmont
    Servant: Saber
    STR END AGI MGI
    -
    - - -
    Appearance — A very tall (186cm) athletic looking individual who appears to be in his late 20's. His long black hair appears to be slightly unkept. His face looks very calm, which is further emphasized due to his deep blue eyes. Wears several black clothes; shirt, trousers and trainers. He is also wearing a pure white long trench coat which contrasts with his black clothes, making him stand out.

Son of a magus who received a Sealing Designation due to his impressive skill as a magus specializing in water magic, in particular ice. His parents were only able to teach him the basics of their magic because not much later they were out found by the Association's Enforcers and died in battle with them, but not without killing most of them. As the Association kept his father's body under Sealing Designation, Sareth was only able to inherit 10% of the Belmont family crest. He inherited the Belmont household and all it's possessions, including his father's Mystic Code, as the last successor of the family. With no relatives left, Sareth studied under the Association's Clock Tower branch alone for over 10 years and in order to improve as a magus specializing in water magic.

Thanks to his superior skill as a magus and his family contacts he was able to access several classified documents, in which several documents regarding Reality Marbles were included. After reading them he could not stop himself to use this knowledge, even though it was forbidden. For many years he studied them in order to create his own Reality Marble, however, the summoning went wrong, as his organs and muscles suffered mutations during the summoning. He only managed to summon an internal Reality Marble but even though his Reality Marble was only one that existed inside him and could not replace the world, it was still very powerful and convenient as it allowed him to have access to water and ice everywhere with superior properties. After completing his studies at the Clock Tower he was offered to join a distinguished family due to his outstanding skills. However, Sareth refused as he wanted to travel around the world and separate himself from the Association as much as possible due to the fate of his family. The family were enraged about his refusal and arranged him to receive a Sealing Designation thanks to their connections and also placed a fatal curse for any magus on him as their honour had been hurt.

Since then, Sareth has been on the run from the eyes of the Association travelling all around the world and using his contacts as much as possible to hide. One of his contacts, a friend he had during his stay at the Clock Tower, was promised participation in the Holy Grail War if he was to betray Sareth. Not even hesitating slightly, he quickly arranged everything so Sareth could be captured, however, his plan did not go well, as the Enforcers they sent out were not enough to incapacitate Sareth. His old friend begged for forgiveness and explained everything about the Holy Grail War to him and gave him the documents he had received about it, in which the story behind the families of Toshaka, Matou and Einzbern was very briefly explained. This sparked Sareth's interests as such a powerful artifact would be able to provide him the power he needs to regain his lost freedom and get revenge on the family who set up his fate. He decided to kill his old friend as he would try to interrupt him in his quest to obtain the Holy Grail, something which he could not allow, even if it meant killing an old friend. With all the information he has gathered Sareth decided to travel to Fuyuki in order to participate in the Holy Grail War about to take place.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Shen
    Master of Matou
    Player: Meroy
    Servant: Lancer
    The history of the Matou family, as it is know, results in the downfall of their line. As time passed, the quality of their Magus went down until the line eventually died. What is not known is what happened multiple generations ago. As Matou Zouken received the family crest, as the elder child, it was hidden that a part of the Matou knowledge was given to his younger brother. Had the father foreseen the fall of the Matou, or was the younger brother simply too promising to be given up onto? That is only known by that man. The result is that somewhere in Japan other than Fuyuki city, the Matou family still exists. The youngest child from this generation, Shen, was chosen to be Matous represent for the sixth holy grail war. From his youngest age, it was decided that he would participate in the war if possible. Shen proved to be a great Magus early, and was trained accordingly.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Adrian Green
    Player: Jad
    Servant: Archer
    STR END AGI MGI
    G
    F G F
    Coming from central Europe Adrian left his homeland to find better things in life searching for something he does not know. He's a normal every-day male with no special background, maybe a little over the average when it comes to doing things (this is the way he thinks though). Caucasian, medium-height, black hair with a small clean-cut beard and a solid build (not muscular but a little denser than others). Even his appearance is average. But appearances can be deceiving as he has a big heart and a strong will. Until recently he was still living with his parents but one faithful day he couldn't cope it any more. As he would say: "Any more of this and I will eventually snap."

So he packed a couple of his belongings and of course he took great care to take Aida with him, his laptop which he bought with the money he earned wile working. Adrian isn't a person who cares about the physical aspect of the world much but more about its mystical aspects, it's more spiritual ones, well apart from Aida who in his eyes has its own personality. Once ready to go he thought of going to Asia and visit Japan and with a little luck maybe he could find a job there that for the most part would offer him food, a roof and a warm blanket for the night. So having his mid set he bid farewell to his family and left for the airport with the hope for a new life. After arriving at his destination he made a terrible discovery. He was indeed in Asia but not where he originally intended. His lack of experience in travelling (he rarely left his home-town let alone the country) led him to a small town that interestingly enough had a small airport.

Items
    Aida
    Adrian's laptop that he brought with him. This is the only thing of value that he has and even if it may not look like it (being small and compact) it could easily outperform blade servers.

Defects
    Wealth: Poor.
    Stubborn: Until proven the contrary Adrian will stick with his idea. This does not apply if he trusts the source.
    Loyal: If a promise is made then it must never be broken. Adrian is very loyal to his friends and thus he expects the same in return. If he is betrayed in this manner he will not exert revenge but if they should cross paths again he will not hold back.
    Code: Don't involve innocent people.
    Pure: Soft spot for the opposite sex. Adrian tends to be more gentle when confronted with representatives from the opposite sex. He will be reckless if a woman or child is involved.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Master of Tohsaka
    Player: Kaede
    Servant: Berserker

All data lost.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Katsuro Utsunomiya
    Player: RMX
    Servant: Assassin
    STR END AGI MGI
    D
    G D H
    Katsuro looks like you average sleep-deprived, work obsessed young man. Average constitution, relatively tall and thin, but fit enough to defend himself. His hair is of a dark brown, short, messy and spiky; grass green eyes, noticeable eye bags; short but tall nose. Surprisingly shaved. Usually wears a white shirt and dark green jacket and pants. Always carries a light brown old-fashioned medical bag.

Hybrids. I don’t know why but this country seems to have been ruled by monsters since ancient times. Many of the most influencing, long-lasting lineages and dynasties have mixed their blood with the inhumane for reasons that escape my imagination. Nonetheless, special people require special needs. The Utsunomiya clan rose long ago to satisfy some of those needs. They became a renowned family of doctors for those out of the ordinary. This job didn’t make our ancestors wealthy or particularly respected, but we were very appreciated and shaped the history of these lands in our own way: we avoided some bloodbaths and encouraged others, but the most important was that the underworld world was kept secret and in check from the rest of the mortals. The biggest irony of all is that the thing our family devoted its existence to is the same that is killing us now. My grandfather was born from the union of an Utsunomiya and a half-blood. Circumstances must have been unprecedentedly extreme for him to end up as the family head but I have no more details. The only thing I know is that the greatest taboo was violated, and even if they managed to continue our lineage, they condemned those who came after. That included my parents. That includes me.

Not only we were cursed with demon blood, but to add insult to injury it seems to be getting stronger with each passing generation. My father died six years ago. After fighting the bloody impulse for years his strength faltered. He killed my mother and then attempted to kill me. My family was not very warm to begin with, because the curse gradually made them colder towards everyone, including me. However, the shock of seeing my father’s death compared to be laughable with its surprising cause: me. Fate proved to be too wicked that time, when it revealed that the same disease that transformed my father into a beast created an even greater, more voracious beast in me to stop him in his tracks. There is nothing but blurred red in my memories from that moment. I guess even though the first symptoms were so brutal, the impulse had just started to manifest because I somehow regained my senses.

I am running short on time. As the last Utsunomiya I must face death as well as the extinction of my family. Luckily my grandfather didn’t waste his time. He somehow devoted his life not only to the family business, but to research hidden sorceries, which incidentally proved beneficial for the family business. He mastered a technique to create some sort of sacred seals with the amazing ability to both heal and purify the body. The grimoire I inherited from my father was full of scribbles and magic circles. After doing my own amateur research I learned that the process was simple enough. Something called ‘prana’ is pumped into the book and it literally magically transmutes an ordinary piece of scroll into a seal. The downsides are that I cannot produce more than a couple a day, as it exhausts me, but also the seals try to purify ‘too well’. Since me and the cursed blood are one, that which is noxious for the demonic taint is also toxic for me. Using more than a couple of those seals fast enough can put my health in trouble by literally killing my blood and all it touches, but on the other side my ever increasing blood-thirst decreases for days.

With this tiny air bubble I also investigated more about the powers that the demon blood gave me. Let’s just say I turn into a superhuman predator when my blood boils and my body becomes hard like a rock. It has also sent me to a hospital a couple times because changing the composition of my body is not a very good idea. I’ve reached a point of no return. I haven’t killed anyone yet but it will happen soon. Having foreseen this, I started travelling the country far and wide desperately looking for a miracle. I covered my research by diversifying my job and attending to clients in different cities. Surprisingly, when I set my stand in Fuyuki city it caught my attention that this city had been the target of several suspicious disasters over the past decades. Most recently, a huge fire swept a fair part of the city, killing dozens. It was common knowledge that disasters are often caused by hidden powers. Uncovering these secrets was impossible for a person such as me, outside of his small area of influence. Almost too convenient was that after revising grandfather Endo’s tome I found mentions to this town. Mostly references about how ‘magically rich’ this place was, but also that many powerful magi gathered here centuries ago to try some big experiment. Grandfather labelled this as preposterous exaggeration of some very shady rumors, but he couldn’t resist to write down that the experiment could create miracles; grant wishes. Maybe he tried to encourage himself that he could be saved from the same nightmare I’m living now. In any case, I have no other option but to bet on this ‘miracle’. We’re speaking of an experiment of sorcery carried in this city many decades ago. I know nothing of what became of it, who carried it or if the disasters in this city are pure coincidence or forces keeping people away from this treasure.

If I could find that miracle, I’d wish for the demon inside me to disappear. To erase the blight in plaguing my lineage forever.

Half-Demon Abilities
    Basalt
    The influx of the hybrid blood turns Katsuro into a being with superhuman constitution. All the parts of his body start to petrify or calcify. His skin gradually turns grayish and darker. His stats increase and he becomes more aware of his surroundings. Using this skill automatically decreases the time limit for the Inversion Impulse. Time limit is decreased by another hour for continued use. It can occasionally cause partial calcification on random body parts or organs upon deactivation, resulting in broken bones, damaged muscles or organs, impaired vision or hearing. Chances of fatal injuries are insignificant.

Road of the Lavenders
    The full power of the demonic blood. At this stage Katsuro’s body absorbs prana from everything within his sight and crystallizes it into his body, crafting deep purple gemstones all over his body in the process. The skill, magic in nature, is not selective and targets everyone in Katsuro’s sight, so it’s not a very good idea to use around many people. It doesn’t ordinary living things other than humans, but it may work on supernatural entities. This ability doesn’t nullify circuit overload.

It also blocks off Katsuro’s own prana at a slower pace. As gems absorb prana they fall off Katsuro’s body and new one start forming, containing the prana leeched. A magus with the right knowledge may use the stored power. That is not Katsuro’s case. Katsuro must have activated Basalt to use the Road of the Lavenders. Using this skill automatically decreases the time limit for the Inversion Impulse.

Items
    Reinforced Medical Bag
    An old-fashioned medical bag full of first-aid utensils along with common medicines or sedatives. It’s been reinforced with hidden metal plating to be used as a blunt weapon in case of emergency. It’s quite heavy.

Medical supplies
    Katsuro’s clinic is equipped with enough supplies and equipment for the duration of the game. He can perform all kinds of first-aid and even emergency surgery. This includes Katsuro’s personal ability as a doctor.

Endo Utsunomiya’s book of thaumaturgy
    A book inherited from Katsuro’s grandfather. Apparently, this book works automatically just by channelling prana into it. Its full contents are unknown. It can create seals of purification. A seal of purification can heal characters outside battle, or in battle for small part of the actual effect. It will work on any severe injury that’s not fatal. It also extends the time limit for Inversion Impulse for about twenty hours. This effect can be altered depending on the stage of the inversion curse. The HP restoring property will only work on Katsuro once a day. The second seal used that day will not heal anything, and any extra seals used will damage his health. Seals have an expiration time of 24 hours after they are crafted. Afterwards they become normal scroll paper.

Defects
    Inversion Impulse
    The countdown to Katsuro’s reversal into an irrational monster. Initially set at 60 hours after the game start. To survive the madness overcoming him, Katsuro is forced to kill and drink human blood. One murder may be enough restore the limit to its maximum. Killing animals in the street might also work at first. By means of blood consumption the limit may not exceed the maximum. Any working magical power, like the seal of purification, can extend the time limit over its maximum, but cannot be used if the time limit is already over its normal maximum. Use of half-demon skills will speed up the inversion.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Father Vincent
    Supervisor
    Player: Sushi
    Servant: None
    STR END AGI MGI
    E
    E E C
    Wei Chan is actually a mere 15 year old teenager. He's quite normal despite being a priest. He goes to school regularly and gets decent grades (he could easily fly by with flawless grades if he wasn't concerned with avoiding attention). Whenever he is not at school, he is subjected to painful training as a priest. Due his parents holding high positions within the Church, he was expected to follow in their footsteps. However, he showed a great disinterest in the Church and was resistant in what he was being taught. It was decided that he be put through painful torture. He will either give up and follow the Church's will or die a pitiful death. Neither happened as he resisted all the pain without making a single sound. It was then that Wei will serve the Church through the killing of the contradictions within the faith. He pretended to accept his training and "understand his immaturity" while deep in his mind, he was plotting his revenge against the Church.

In regards of strength, he's a fair bit stronger than most people due to his priestly training. However, he is a painful failure as a magus. Despite his intelligence, he is unable to use magic. He has also reached the peak of his physical ability. As he laments in the Church, a book falls in front of his feet. It was the "Story of Andromeda". Despite everything he went through, Wei believes in God and thinks that this is a sign. He spent weeks reading over it trying to find some sort of message in this story. Three months before the Holy Grail War, he was informed about the War. It was at that moment that everything mysteriously became clear to him. He discovers that the book actually contains a map that tells you of the location of the Rock of Andromeda. Ecstatic, Wei convinces his parents to use their position to allow him to overseer the Holy Grail War. Though his parents are quite happy that he is taking initiative in Church matters, they assigned someone to look after him for both Wei and the Church's security.

Data
    Proficiency With Chains
    His main talent. His skills with a chain are unparalleled in the world. While chain whips are fairly popular weapons, chains themselves are usually unthinkable as weapons. His skill with a chain allows him to do several things.

Supervisor
    Has the ability to use Church personnel and is given Command Seals unused in previous wars. He is also told which Servants are summoned and the order of which they are summoned. You're also given that church to live in. Participants of the war may come to the supervisor for advice.

Items
    3 command seals from the previous war. The master was killed in action. Kotomine harvested these seals from his body and stored them to the church.

Chains of Andromeda
    Were found wrapped around the Rock of Andromeda. 4 long chains in total, so 8 ends can be used for actions. As the gods were the ones who made it to prevent Andromeda's escape, it's meant to withstand great amounts of damage. Additionally, it has the ability to defend against spells.

Rock of Andromeda
    A piece of it actually. Andromeda and the people all strongly and desperately hoped that salvation would come. The rock was what tampered with fate to bring Perseus to Andromeda's rescue. It takes the wishes of a pure and innocent person and turns part of it into a reality. The way in which the wish is granted is not through the user's words, but through their personality and element. Andromeda left the rock and the riddle there so that those who are in trouble can use this to help them in the future. The rock creates a large Reality Marble that acts out the wish of its user. The world will not destroy it becomes the rock is an extension of nature. Thus, mana used to sustain the Reality Marble is not from the rock or Wei, but from the world.

Wei is of the Good alignment, so he is able to use the rock. His wished for power to destroy the Church. The rock, only able to grant a fraction of the wish, could not strengthen Wei that far. However, these abilities are given to him whenever the rock is activated in battle. His STR, END, and AGI are raised by one parameter. This is due to Wei's wish of wanting to destroy the Church with his own power. Extreme fatigue will assault him the moment he leaves battle, however, and he will be unable to use the powers of the Rock again for a full day.

Defects
    Teenager.
    Honour Code: A life that is extinguished without pain, suffering, anguish, despair, or fear is pointless. Thus, Wei will always tell his opponent of his intent to kill before acting upon it.
    Anti-social.
    Cursed: Every night when he sleeps, he lives out his many years of torture all at once. This isn't really a curse, but something caused by Wei's darkest fears. He is clearly rattled in the morning.
    Fickle: Wei thinks it's funny to pretend he has a strong sense of duty. Unless he is engaged first, Wei cannot fight or kill someone who has come to his Church for the first time.
    Colour Blind: A direct result from his torture. He cannot see colours.
    Flat-footed: A direct result from his torture. He travels one less square than his agility indicates.
    Extreme need for nutrition: A direct result from his torture. If Wei misses a meal, his stats drop by a rank.
    Diabetic: A direct result from his torture. He must take medication and his diet must have little to no sugar.

Father Peter: Don't know his real name. His raw physical abilities are slightly higher than Wei's and he has much more technique and experience. In a straight-up fight, Wei would lose. He wears a mask and a black robe covering his entire body. Actions that are unbecoming of a Supervisor cannot be done without somehow dealing with this man first. Cannot participate in combat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:40 am