Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Get a goddam programmer you moron

Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Heaven's Feel 7 : Tohsaka

Get a goddam programmer you moron Empty Get a goddam programmer you moron

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:17 pm

A few months ago one of my colleagues found out what I was doing(ripping off your game, umad?) and brought up a bunch of key logistics issues that I think might be relevant to whatever game you might develop:

• It's rather cumbersome to keep track of multitudes of character sheets in a forum interface
    • Constantly re-updating map images or positions, pictures etc. manually using image editing software. Of course it would be easier just to do without images, but it loses aesthetic appeal.
    • Complications in explaining the game to newcomers who are not familiar with both Nasuverse/Anime in general and tabletop/pen and paper RPGs, hence not being able to attract new players very easily.
    • Amount of work involved on the GM's part. (Actually, not a problem, I'm just lazy)

So here's a rather extravagant, obvious, and doubtless prying(Just like me) solution - turn it into an actual video game. With the fancy graphics and sfx. If you don't feel like learning get someone who can do it for you. Now some of you might be asking "How do i do that its kinda not possible at this point" well yeah I didn't think this through clearly I just made criticisms of whats wrong and didn't try to solve it. And probably mentioned stuff you've already heard before. problem?

Before you ask, yes I am drunk, off of epic music.
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Get a goddam programmer you moron Empty Re: Get a goddam programmer you moron

Post by Jad Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 am

Web game would be more appropriate I believe.
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:09 pm

That greatly reduces the range of possible tools and languages. You have Flash, Java, maybe a RMDBS
    Jad
    Jad

Post by Jad Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 am

You can use flash if you want animation but ultimately a good old fashion text rpg would suffice. Well that's my opinion.
    Oh and don't forget about canvas (pretty decent for simple renders/animation)
    Corenat Rovarnus
    Corenat Rovarnus

Post by Corenat Rovarnus Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 pm

So it'd be like a MUD except with a lot more ASCII art to depict the battlefield and such. I haven't heard of canvas before, I'll check it out.
    Jad
    Jad

Post by Jad Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:18 am

why ascii ? static pictures would do wonders (to clear things out when I say text rpg I'm referring to a game that is static nothing is animated or flashy just some pictures so you can tel things from each other and for the navigation and action/quests plain text [this does not mean we can leave out css to make it more fancy though :) ])

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    So ... what say you guys. Should we embark on a journey of self learning and team bonding ? :D
    Though small this community has good photo shop artists/editors. I'm sure that ideas can flow easily, all we need to do is sort them to serve our needs.
    Should we make a browser game based on the rule set of nasuverse/fsn ? :drunken:

=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    A faster way would be to do a Irc Bot game. If anyone wants to revive #rulebreaker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 am