Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
kaede
Father Vincent
Lucid
7 posters

General Poll #1

Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Heaven's Feel 7 : Kami-sama
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Game Master

General Poll #1 Empty General Poll #1

Post by Lucid Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 am

I'm gonna be posting some polls on the site just to get some second opinions on changes to happen. Here are the first two questions.

1) If the current moving system would be changed to round based system instead of the 24-hour system, which one would you prefer?
    a) One day is two rounds - each spanning 12 hours. Very fast game pace but offers less tactics. The priority is more on battles than character development and complex tactics.
    b) One day is four rounds - each spanning 6 hours. The game pace is still faster than in previous version. Characters can use their time more freely. I'd prefer this one myself.

2) Making defects necessary. On previous character creation you could take on defects to get character points back. But what if in the new character creation each players needs to take defects up to certain amount of points? You could have many smaller defects or just few big ones, depends on how severe they are. This way information gathering comes more necessary when you try to find weaknesses on other players and their servants.
    What about adding defects to abilities and weapons? For example if you go over certain amount of character points in creating it you have to take certain amount of defects.

3) Event cards. When for example you set out to town to search for another master. You are given a certain chance to find another master, depending on your sensing abilities and such. If you can't however find anybody, you might trigger an event. There are many more kinds of event triggers but that's just an example. Some events might help you, some might be just useless. Some events might be directly related to the main plot.
    This adds more game quality. They are no longer usually than few posts. I could make it so that longer events are triggered when two players are interacting with each other - takes usually a while. Now this means that some players might get luckier than others when dealing with these events. Many events are just one time things and could grant some good benefits. Would this be too game breaking? On the other hand this encourages exploration rather than camping on base. It's risks versus rewards kind of thing.

4) How deep you want to take the stat mechanics? Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, Endurance, Intelligence and Charisma. These are the stats I have in mind. The first four are combat stats and tie with the old system pretty well. However Intelligence and Charisma are more to the role-play side. Intelligence could be used to limit players from getting certain abilities. I was also toying with the idea of adding skills to the game where INT would play a role. Of course the skills system should made so that it doesn't slow the game pace. Charisma leans more to the NPC interaction side as well.
    Do you think these stats should be emphasized in the game content? Should INT and CHA be combined to stat Spirit which would play the role of both?

5) Which one you prefer? Introducing new characters by text or through pictures? I'm rather bad at making descriptions so pictures would be a good alternative. Of course I'd try to use anime related pictures from non-popular sources.
    Father Vincent

Heaven's Feel 7 : Supervisor
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Supervisor

General Poll #1 Empty Re: General Poll #1

Post by Father Vincent Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:20 am

1) B

2) Fuck you.

3) Fuck you.

4) Sure.

5) Pictures.

ADDED SUGGESTION: Make Rall do the random events. But these events should be global instead of luck, etc.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am

Father Vincent wrote:1) B

2) Fuck you.

3) Fuck you.

4) Sure.

5) Pictures.

ADDED SUGGESTION: Make Rall do the random events. But these events should be global instead of luck, etc.
    General Poll #1 Gstring202011-01-232001-15-33-41
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Post by kaede Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm

1) B seems to be a better choice it is faster than what we had before and could allow for more events.

2) Making defects mandatory sounds like a good idea even if they are minor things like personality quirks it would make RP more fun.

3) Sounds like a good idea but for NPC events add a kind of reward like for example finding a lost animal that has a reward offered for its return. when you return it you have a choice of either takng the money reward and leaving or decline the money and get some some skill points that can be used to upgrade your servant or master.

4)The stat system you propose sounds good.

5) pictures sound good.

Notes: Only thing I can sugest is having a money system in the game because something that my partner in the 2 day war ran into is that he couldn't get a cell to stay in contact we my character. Idea I had is that keeping the poor and rich defects poor characters start out with 10000 Yen ($120) while rich characters start out with 25000 yen ($300) to earn more money you have to either get a job or find other means to get it.
    Xenovent
    Xenovent

Heaven's Feel 6 : The Medium

Post by Xenovent Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 pm

1) I'll also agree with too. Faster, but not breakneck faster. It was really hard to foresee everything that would happen in a 12 hour period before.

2) Yes mandatory defects. A further idea could be to have a couple defect categories that have to be filled in. Personality, abilities, etc, perhaps.

3) Event cards would definitely add to the game overall. Fully support.

4) also in favor of the spirit stat. Not so much for the skills, as in the D&D system. If anything that would require skills come up, I think they should be inferred from the character sheet and history than a list of skills. If a player is a mechanic, and something machines comes up, it should be that he can deal with it if it's not too outside his field. This makes creating a satisfying character background important.

5) Pictures are great. I've never been good at mental-imaging characters either.

That's my two cents
    Belmont
    Belmont

Heaven's Feel 7 : Collector
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Traveler

Post by Belmont Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:02 am

1) I like B more, gives room for a lot more opportunities.

2) Would be completely fine and as Kaede said, it could add little quirks to the RP.

3) Anything that encourages exploration is a good thing, I also fully support this idea.

4) Xenovent is on the right track on this, can't really give any further comments.

5) Pictures would definitely be appreciated.
    Aelms

Heaven's Feel 7 : Einzbern
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Einzbern

Post by Aelms Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 am

1) B would pace the game better IMO.

2) Kaede's idea about personality quirks is good and would also offer us guidelines when RP-ing. Something that actually affects battling may make things more interesting though...

3) Event cards fully supported. Perhaps this can create an opportunity for player to player interaction?

4) Same as Xenovent on this.

5) Whatever that is convenient for you will be fine.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 am

Father Vincent wrote:ADDED SUGGESTION: Make Rall do the random events. But these events should be global instead of luck, etc.
    You mean like the events should be handled by a 3rd party instead of the game-master? Also by global events you mean the previous system?

kaede wrote:3) Sounds like a good idea but for NPC events add a kind of reward like for example finding a lost animal that has a reward offered for its return. when you return it you have a choice of either takng the money reward and leaving or decline the money and get some some skill points that can be used to upgrade your servant or master.

Notes: Only thing I can sugest is having a money system in the game because something that my partner in the 2 day war ran into is that he couldn't get a cell to stay in contact we my character. Idea I had is that keeping the poor and rich defects poor characters start out with 10000 Yen ($120) while rich characters start out with 25000 yen ($300) to earn more money you have to either get a job or find other means to get it.
    You can of course handle the events any way you like. The effects of them vary. Skill point rewards are however very rage.
    Money system is too troublesome. It'll just end up keeping track of your food and electricity bill. If you think you forgot something don't use all your character points. You can use them during the game as well.

Xenovent wrote:4) also in favor of the spirit stat. Not so much for the skills, as in the D&D system. If anything that would require skills come up, I think they should be inferred from the character sheet and history than a list of skills. If a player is a mechanic, and something machines comes up, it should be that he can deal with it if it's not too outside his field. This makes creating a satisfying character background important.
    Then anybody could just put in their character sheet that they are a genius that can do any job possible. There should be some definite cost for acquiring such skills. It creates balance on if you just want to battle other masters to death, or perhaps use other means to do so. If I could participate I'd make a master similar to Emiya Kiritsugu at least.

Aelms wrote:2) Kaede's idea about personality quirks is good and would also offer us guidelines when RP-ing. Something that actually affects battling may make things more interesting though...
    3) Event cards fully supported. Perhaps this can create an opportunity for player to player interaction?
    2) I haven't added many defects that affect character in battle. But there are some defects you can assign to items and abilities that restrict their use. Currently the item/ability defects are optional, they give points back. But it might be worth considering some more depth to them.
    3) Possible. One example I can think of is if both characters get to know same NPC and meet up in some circumstances.
    Father Vincent

Heaven's Feel 7 : Supervisor
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Supervisor

Post by Father Vincent Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:34 am

Like what happened before. Last I checked, Rall was planning something big that would affect everyone. And I think that's way better than random event cards. Though I guess you can add both.
    Lucid
    Lucid
    Admin

Post by Lucid Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

Father Vincent wrote:Like what happened before. Last I checked, Rall was planning something big that would affect everyone. And I think that's way better than random event cards. Though I guess you can add both.
    That's the main plot we both thought out. Bad End route which the game would take unless players take certain steps to stop it or the game took too long. The main plot wouldn't be removed of course even if I added random events.
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 am

1) b
    2) Defects are a must because no one is perfect. Randomly assigned defects are a idea too.
    3) I cant see the game with out NPC events. If nothing it will keep non-battle-ing masters busy.
    4) I think there are too many stats, especially for a evolving game/concept as we have at this stage. So keep it simple stat wise at the moment.
    Offence/Defence/Mana/Luck(charisma, a stat that helps you in the game world). A total stat cap would be recommended.
    5) Pictures would be most welcomed that is if it's not too tiring to accomplish. Adding bgm would be nice too to some scenes ... the more the action would be brought to Vn like quality the better the story is told.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:10 am