Rule Breaker

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Extremem Length of Events

Father Vincent

Heaven's Feel 7 : Supervisor
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Supervisor

Extremem Length of Events Empty Extremem Length of Events

Post by Father Vincent Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am

I think you've all realized by now how long this game can really take. We've been through, what, 3 months or so (I really don't remember) and we haven't even got past the second day yet. The game is just taking too long, and the events really do take a huge portion of the game. I've been through three events or so so far. One with person X and one with person Y. Person X is quick and we fly by our events no problem. Person X, on the other hand, almost goes through one post every 3-4 days. It's really frustrating since the event with person X is still going on despite his long intervals of posting.

What I'm proposing is that if the GM/Player feel as though the player cannot post frequently enough (like, a post a day would be ideal), they leave a set of general instructions/guidelines of how they would act in the event/the game in general. Of course, the GM would act in the player's best interest. If it comes down to something like deception that the other player wouldn't know, a coin flip to decide it or something (or looking at the circumstances, etc. etc.).

If Rallrall is too lazy (like usual) to put in the time+effort to do this, I'm willing to give up my spot as a player to help Rall do this.

As it stands now, if we continue at this pace, we'll never be finished and the game will start to grow stale for everybody. Forget about finishing this in a year. I'd be surprised if we finish it in three years.

EDIT: Of course, if the person is actually THERE, the GM wouldn't do anything. That'd mean you'd have to pop up in IRC and tell him when you're active.
    kaede
    kaede

Heaven's Feel 7 : Medic
    Heaven's Feel 6 : Tohsaka

Extremem Length of Events Empty Re: Extremem Length of Events

Post by kaede Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am

I support what sushi proposes. I know people in events are busy with things like work or school so it would be a good idea to have a back up person to rp for you when you cant.
    Jad
    Jad

Heaven's Feel 6 : Wanderer

Post by Jad Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm

The general guide line is a good idea. And yes this is taking too much time unfortunately ... have not been given a event in day 2 so i'm waiting for day 3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content